NOVIA 236 is expressly tailored for medium-wave monaural AM broadcasting. It combines the functions of slow, ‘gain-riding’ AGC, ‘syllabic’ consistency leveling, 4 stages of parametric EQ, 3 bands of dynamic range compression with variable crossovers, ‘brick wall’ bandwidth restriction and a final no-splatter peak controller that supports asymmetrical carrier modulation. In addition to quick and easy frontpanel setup, the IP interface allows 2-way program streaming, plus total remote control of the NOVIA 236 using any PC or mobile device. SNMP operation is supported. Program audio failure alarms trigger local tally closures and instantly dispatch SMS/email notifications to selected personnel. Alarms are also logged for later analysis. Setup and operation are simplified with 10 factory and 10 user-defined processing presets.
The NOVIA 236 accepts both program line and streaming inputs and allows remote IP audio monitoring.
The 236’s Web interface will allow complete setup and control of the unit from your PC, tablet or smartphone.
• Gated and ‘windowed’ gain-riding AGC
• Unique, adjustable ‘syllabic leveling’
• 3 bands of dynamic compression with selectable crossovers
• 4 sections of parametric EQ plus an effective ‘Bass Punch’ feature
• Independent ‘Density’ and ‘Smooth/Loud’ adjustments
• GPIOs, Web/email/SNMP for controls and alarms
• Built-in real time clock and headphone jack
• Analog, AES-digital, streaming in/outs
• Selectable US and international cutoff filters
• A great ‘utility’ processor; ideal ahead of STLs/codecs
• Full function ‘responsive’ Web interface works on desktop and mobile devices
Frequency Response (processing bypassed)
50Hz – 20kHz, ±0.25dB
Output Cutoff Response
• Nominal Frequencies: menu-selectable 4kHz, 5kHz, 6kHz, 7kHz, 8kHz, 9kHz, 10kHz (US NRSC), 12kHz, 15kHz
• Filter Characteristic: 143-coefficient FIR filter with phase and overshoot compensation; ±0.5dB, 50Hz to 0.95x nominal cutoff frequency; approx. –15dB at cutoff; > –50dB at ≥1.04x nominal.
Selectable flat, or ‘truncated’ US NRSC preemphasis curve scaled to the cutoff frequency
Distortion (processing bypassed)
• Analog I/O: <0.02% THD (ref: +24dBu I/O) AES
• Digital I/O: <0.002% THD (ref: 0dBFS I/O) Signal-to-Noise (processing bypassed) • Analog I/O: >105dB (ref: +24dBu I/O)
• AES Digital I/O: >120dB (ref: 0dBFS I/O)
Program Line Inputs
• Analog: active-balanced (XLR) accepts line levels from –15dBu to +15dBu; +24dBu clipping
• AES Digital:(XLR) accepts line levels between -30dBFS and 0dBFS at sampling rates from 32kHz to 96kHz
• IP Streaming: accepts all Icecast/SHOUTcast MP3, Ogg and AAC streams
Program Line Outputs
• Analog: active-balanced (XLR) delivers –12dBu to +15dBu for 100% symmetrical modulation; +24dBu clipping, 200Ω source
Positive Peak Enhancement
Intrinsic asymmetrical, positive-going peaks may be selectively limited in 1% steps from 100% to +130%
Program Signal Latency (Delay)
TCP/IP network connection (RJ45) for remote setup/operation and in/out audio streaming; full support for SNMP control
3 GPI, 3 GPO w/ assignable functions and logic polarity
Front-panel (TRS) 3.5mm
Internal Test Tone Generator
20Hz-20kHz; variable frequency and level
Local (GPIO) closures, browser interface, SNMP and SMS/email alarms for analog, digital and stream audio loss; maintains daily, weekly, monthly logs
Dayparting is simplified with an onboard real-time clock and preset-selection programming.
• AGC: ±15dB capture range; gated with dual-rate‘windowed’ operation
• Leveling: variable ‘syllabic’ 2:1 compression
• EQ: 4-section parametric
• Bass ‘Punch’: variable bass enhancement
12VDC at 240mA (2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial); inline switchmode power supply included
An optional rack adapter mounts one or two NOVIA or other Inovonics half-rack units in a standard 19- inch, 1U rack space.
Size and Weight
1.6”H x 8”W x 6”D; 5 lbs shipping weight